View Single Post
Old 10-02-2018, 03:58 AM   #6
tbone

Default Re: Things players say to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachimba View Post
And they were fine with that when I said something similar and perfectly polite. They just gave me the look of "you don't know what you are talking about... and your system isn't realistic"
I'd think it'd be worthwhile to point out to these players (and maybe you did point out) that it's perfectly possible to kick heads in GURPS. For starters, they only need to deal with a -5 penalty for the head, not -7. Add to that +4 for AoA, or +4 for Telegraphic Attack, or +8 for both, and heads will get kicked (especially if the fighters have a little skill, too). There are even Feints and Deceptive Attacks (and the use of Evaluate instead of Telegraphic Attack) to deal with pesky active defenses; fancy tweaks like Hit Location and Trademark Move to further boost committed practitioners' THH (To Hit Head); and probably more potential bonuses that I'm forgetting.

In short, GURPS seems a very head kick-friendly game to me...

(Then again, if the gist of the players' complaint is "Sure, it's easy enough to kick a head with all those factors, but that should be easier than kicking the body... well, that just sounds wacky to me. But to repeat from the above, with Hit Location and Trademark Move, GURPS makes it almost as easy for a skilled practitioner to kick a head as to kick a body. What other RPG with meaningful hit locations can offer that?)

Twitter: @Gamesdiner | RSS: here ⬅︎ Updated RSS link | This forum: Site updates thread (occasionally updated)

(Latest goods on site: GLAIVE Mini levels up to v2.4. Update to melee weapon design tool, with more example weapons and commentary.)
tbone is offline   Reply With Quote