View Single Post
Old 03-12-2016, 05:52 PM   #6
CoyoteGestalt

Default Re: [Horror/Monster Hunters] American Small Town Mystery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander View Post
I'm considering a one-shot adventure where the PCs are FBI agents sent to a small town to interview some people, as relatively insignificant part of a massive serial killer case involving the Behavioral Science Unit.

I want somewhere that feels isolated, with interesting local colour. The FBI agents should feel like outsiders and have a hard time getting a handle on whatever weirdness is going on.

Parts of the United States that I'm considering are a) New England, in particular the most rural and wooded parts of Maine; b) the South, somewhere iconically southern, a small town where everything revolves around high school football; c) North Dakota; d) Lousiana bayous; e) an Indian reservation somewhere interesting; f) New Mexico; g) San Fernando Valley.

Suggestions from the forumites?
I'd avoid e) unless you want most social interactions to be really confrontational; on most reservations, I suspect FBI personnel would have a hard time finding anyone willing to even talk to them. There's a lot of history of conflict and mistrust there.
It would be a really interesting dynamic for the players to deal with, if they're into that sort of complex issues, but would make it hard to focus on a plot related to anything else.
CoyoteGestalt is offline   Reply With Quote