View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 12:55 PM   #40
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)

Default Re: Sexual Abilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane View Post
I think the distinction would Aura would be "I must attack using this specific part of me" (usually either hands or mouth or eyes, but you could plausibly choose something else like shooting laser beams out of your nose or toxic gas out of your ears, etc) vs "people can attack any part of me" ("what are you doing to my elbow?").
Yeah, but Aura is a +80% Enhancement. Coupling it with Blood Agent and the required Melee Attack, means it's a net +10% (for those of you doing it without using multiplicative modifiers). So, I'm still not buying it.

Quote:
Aura isn't a bad idea if you're wanting to avoid having to actually take attack maneuvers specifically dedicated to activating the ability. Aura with Delayed Effect (Exposure Time) probably makes more sense for "I need to be doing this, but I don't need to be thinking about it", as compared to Takes Extra Time which explicitly requires a series of Ready maneuvers, so your ability to activate it would be interrupted if you were stunned and had to Do Nothing.
But, in that case, you don't need Aura at all. Taking Triggered Delay (Climax) for +50% would work much better.

Quote:
I remember reading something about switchable abilities automatically turning off when knocked unconscious but I can't remember if the modifier was an enhancement, limitation, or 0-point feature.
I think that was in 3E. There's a whole section in Powers about Turning Abilities Off and On (pg 153-157). The relevant section is on pg 155, unsurprisingly, in a section labeled "Unconsciousness." Let's just say, it's a lot more complex than just that.

Quote:
This begs the question, do the conditions of Accessibility on a Takes Extra Time (or Requires Immediate Preparation) ability apply only upon the final moment of activation, or also during preparatory steps? If I have "Healing (Only While Flying, Takes Extra Time) would I need to be flying during the mandatory preceding Ready maneuvers too?
My interpretation of the rules: Yes. If you're not flying, you can't begin to initiate Healing. You must be flying the entire time of your Takes Extra Time.

Quote:
If so, then would a Succubus actually count as being "sexually intimate" during those Ready maneuvers? You can't "attack" during a ready maneuver after all (including Grapple, Shoving People Around, or whatever might be used to approximate the past time) so the Succubus would pretty much would need to just lie there and let the victim do most of the movement, or else if they are doing the work, they would have to hold off initiating their Leech until the post-coital snuggling. The Ready maneuver does give a "Step" (as well as Active Defenses, Retreats) so perhaps those could be used as bed-bouncing currencies?
I would think so. To all of it.

During a ready maneuver, you can be casting a spell, moving around and doing various things, so, yeah.

My adding of All-Out to the ability doesn't change any of that, you're just too focused on it to make defense rolls. You're really into what you're doing.
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote