View Single Post
Old 02-10-2019, 02:05 PM   #23
Polydamas

Default Re: Skill for laying low in an urban area

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileeyore View Post
It's not as easy as they like to claim it is. Number one: Don't log in to your seperate accounts using the same device. Number two: See number one!
Number three: Don't post the same pictures or tag the same articles or follow the same people across your accounts.

Easy-peasy.
I wish it was that simple, but a lot of bright disciplined people I follow who have very good reasons to keep accounts separate think that FB has figured it out. For example, if they have access to location data on either account they will use that to see if Jane Doe and Janet Donne are often in the same place and awake similar hours, they will also see if Jane and Janet often use the same IP address or visit similar sites with a FB like button. They run facial recognition software on the photos Jane's friends upload and the photos Janet's friends upload, and sometimes they notice a common face in the backgrounds (and yes, many people police when friends can take their photos, but you only have to fail once, say at a crowded social event late at night). And they have hundreds of people who are more devious than I am working full time on tracking users.

I don't think they are all-knowing, but I think that unless you have serious training and skills, you can assume that they can link all your accounts together and that they know something about your real identity. (Sorting out the facts from the bad guesses and the deliberate misinformation is the job of the person tracking the character in the original post, who are probably rolling against Intelligence Analysis or Research).

This forum got less aggravating when I started using the ignore feature

Last edited by Polydamas; 02-10-2019 at 02:08 PM.
Polydamas is offline   Reply With Quote