View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 02:36 PM   #45
industrialchild

Default Re: Roleplaying experiences without a GM in Car Wars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom H. View Post
That's great fun when playing with friends. Let us know sometime how your experience went.
Convoy was amazing and brutal. We all hung in there for a good while but eventually we ran into a brutal situation that neither of us could get out of! We're looking forward to giving it another go sometime soon! We had a nice two hour game and barely even scratched the surface of what could happen in Convoy. I'm very happy with the replay ability of this one. It even seems once you've beaten it that it is more than possible to still re-visit it and have another unique experience! I'm glad that this is the case and I'm super happy that I invested what I have so far in Car Wars!

I'm glad that this thread I started has become a veritable treasure trove full of excellent resources for this epic game! Car Wars has been very rewarding to work through, play through and simply let my imagination go wild. My mom and brother absolutely love it also. They both agree that it's a superior game and it blows their mind that one could have this much fun with the simplest of gaming materials. It's amazing all the thoughts and excitement one experiences when playing this game! My brother has even gone the extra mile and began reading the rules himself! This was surprising to me because he normally is content with just having me teach, but he wants to design vehicles for us! I'm truly blessed. Realizing this, I also purchased DuelTrack and AeroDuel. In another couple of weeks, I'll pick up Boat Wars and Tanks also. I'm glad they are as interested in this as I am and are willing to invest time into this game! I'm very much looking forward to see what my brother's vehicles will be like! I could not be happier!

Today, I pledged some dollars to the new Steve Jackson Games Pocket Box: Games of the Eighties Kickstarter and I've got my fingers crossed that psychical copies of this wonderful supplement will once again be available, among other gems! This is my first Steve Jackson Games Kickstarter and I'm super happy and proud to be a part of it. I'm looking forward to seeing how this campaign goes and I'm hoping it goes insane! It's off to a fantastic start thus far.

Last edited by industrialchild; 01-30-2019 at 02:44 PM.
industrialchild is offline   Reply With Quote