View Single Post
Old 08-09-2018, 08:22 AM   #10
zot

Default Re: Critical success / failure on more than 3 dice

Quote:
Originally Posted by flankspeed View Post
I found a thread in the House Rules that seems to also be addressing this topic. Perhaps the topic does belong in House Rules, but here is the thread and then a summary I posted over there:

http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=159086

ROLLS BY DICE:

-- 1d: Automatic Success, but roll 3d anyway, use result only if a critical success

-- 2d: Roll 2d of one color plus 1d of another color, read all 3 dice first for automatic success/failure/crit, if no automatic results then read the 2d of one color normally

-- 3d: Roll 3d normally and determine automatic success/failure/crit normally

-- 4d or more: Roll 3d of one color plus as many more differently colored dice as needed, read the 3 dice of one color first for automatic success/failure/crit, if no automatic results then read the total of all dice normally
ITL doesn't actually say what counts for double or triple damage on more than 3 dice, like if you're defending or dodging, it only addresses automatic success and failure for rolls with more than 3 dice. That's why I made this thread in the main forum.

Since I was already asking, I thought I'd suggest using three of the dice you roll for autos / criticals, since ITL doesn't cover it anyway. I couldn't resist throwing my $0.02 in. Of course I hadn't thought about rolling fewer dice. Glad you contributed that.
zot is offline   Reply With Quote