View Single Post
Old 12-02-2017, 04:33 PM   #5
Flyndaran
Untagged

Default Re: What will you not allow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHowl View Post
I was curious what you will not allow in your games? What type of characters, behaviors, traits, etc will you not allow regardless of genre or setting? In my own case, I will not allow players to play 'evil' characters such as slavers or rapists, and I will not allow players to commit 'evil' actions without having their characters suffer an appropriately cruel and ironic punishment. I also will not allow characters that possess persistent abilities that give other players permanent advantages, and I loathe time travel (paratronic travel is fine though).
I'm fine with evil games as long as everyone agrees to it beforehand. I really hate it when players use the most absurd somewhat offensive rationalizations for committing evil acts with their supposedly ultra good characters.

Same goes for party betraying disadvantages and actions. No, Lucy, not everyone is okay with your rogue stealing from their characters, in or out of character.