View Single Post
Old 11-07-2017, 02:27 PM   #1
Jefepato

Default Summoning allies with Ritual Path Magic

In Thaumatology: RPM, we've got an example of a Lesser Create Spirit effect (Hidden Housekeeper, page 44), and it's stated (page 12) that you'd need a Greater Create Spirit to get something that isn't "weak and very limited." Makes sense.

So how do you do that? I don't see any price guidelines for this -- the only idea I've got is to treat this like adding the Ally advantage.

Let's say a 400-point witch wants to summon an earth elemental. 200 points sounds good enough, so that's Ally (earth elemental, built on 50%, all the time; Minion, +50%) [12]. Do you need to add Summonable as well, or is that unnecessary (since you're merely summoning this thing once by casting the spell, rather than giving yourself the ability to summon it in general)?

Does this work? Is there a better way to do this?

Summon Earth Elemental
Spell Effects: Greater Control Spirit + Greater Create Spirit
Inherent Modifiers: None
Greater Effects: 2 (x5)

Typical Casting: Greater Control Spirit (5) + Greater Create Spirit (6) + Altered Trait, Ally (50%, all the time, Minion +50%) (12) + Duration, 1 hour (+3), 120 energy (24x5)

...For that matter, is Greater Control Spirit necessary? Or would Lesser have been good enough? (I'm not sure if the Control Spirit in Hidden Housekeeper is Lesser because the spirit is weak, or Lesser because "control this spirit I just created" is a lesser effect in general.)
Jefepato is offline   Reply With Quote