View Single Post
Old 04-17-2020, 07:38 PM   #6
aesir23

Default Re: 600 point ISWAT Tips and Experiences

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
I like to give a number of points to build the "Person" (Stats minus strength, skills, disadvantages, talents, non-power advantages) and then build a set of powers that don't use nearly as strict point accounting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Thayne View Post

I did something similar for a supers game I ran once. I wrote a 50-point "Information Age Hero" template that included stuff like Luck and Computer Operation that I wanted every PC to have. Then I created a set of 250-point "power packages" that represented different archetypes like "brick", "speedster", etc. Coincidentally, it was a 600 point game, same as OP is planning, so the last 300 points could either be spent on more mundane abilities or optional abilities associated with the character's "power package".
Something I've toyed with for a future Supers campaign is letting my PCs build "ordinary joe" characters on pretty much any budget they want, having them play the first session that way, and then give them powers that ring them all to the same point total. So the 200 point FBI agent gets less in the way of super powers than the 50 point high school cheerleader.

For the OP, one thing that's CRUCIAL for high point total I-SWAT campaigns is having a good idea of the types of threats and challenges the PCs will face and communicating that to the players.
It's a situation where the players can build anything, and can face anything. And points aren't everything. You can build a truly badass giant robot for 600 points, but it's going to be pretty useless in an espionage, intrigue situation.
aesir23 is offline   Reply With Quote