Thread: The GURPS Index
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2015, 01:44 PM   #62
Peter Knutsen
Banned

Default Re: The GURPS Index

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Organism View Post
I added the templates and lenses from Action 1 & 3. I don't think the ones from Action 4 really suit the format, since they aren't exactly templates or lenses, but more like a collection of building blocks to make a template.
I agree that they don't belong under Background Lenses. For one, they're 25 points rather than 20, so you can't use them in the regular GURPS Action 1 character creation framework. They also serve, in a sense, to do direct character creation, rather than working as as a flavourful add-on to a character creation process the say the 20 point ones from vol. 1 do.

Indexing them elsewhere under Lenses might be worthwhile, or it might not. They seem to cover basically everything between them, so there's a low likelihood of anyone ever adding additional such 25 point Lenses in a Pyramid article or the like, so it's probably not worthwhile to do add them to the index anywhere, although a brief reference to the fact that they exist might be good. Depending on how exactly the index is structured.
Peter Knutsen is offline   Reply With Quote