View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 01:29 AM   #20
tHEhERETIC

Default another kick in the plot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck
At the airport Mitchim pulls out his cell phone and gives Nain a call "Hello? Yes, it's Mitchim. I was wondering if you would like to meet up somewhere, so that we can discuss the events of a few days ago. I feel we need to track down this so called "Dark Man."
Corat/John Wyatt walks by and says "Hey Mitch." He looks tired, almost too tired for his trademark perpetual motion, though there's that too if you're looking for it. Mostly he just seems unhappy. Any desire to grill him for information is paused by the extreme change in his demeanor.

"I've done some legwork on our Dark Man. I'm getting more blind alleys than not--seems the community is none too happy with us. Actually it's Ryuki who's none too happy with us, and he's got a lot of people in his pocket. F**king loan shark..." There's an off-note there--again, very mixed feelings when talking about Ryuki.

"His real name, from what I can tell, is Gavin Russo, and up until a few months ago he was no big deal, no big reputation anyway. About, I dunno, January or so he sells his house, files for divorce, and moves from the suburbs to the ghetto. Total schizoid moves, which makes the occult types nervous anyway.

"I say to myself, I've got to find out more, so I go ask my Mercurian friend. Janet, we'll call her Janet. I find out, she's got troubles of her own. She apologized profusely for sending us to that goth gathering, said she hoped I wasn't too upset. I asked her about it, but she wouldn't say. So I asked upstairs, so to speak.

"I was reminded that we each have our jobs, and that running into a battle zone was not mine. I was told that we needed someone who could get inside demon organizations to know what we're up against, and that we needed more Seraphim to know the truth when we get it."

He seems pained, upset, burdened. He shakes his head and looks heavenward, just for a moment. "I got a plane to catch, contacts to make, notes to leave if that's what it takes." He pats Mitch on the shoulder, takes out his badge, and starts towards the security area.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 10-07-2007 at 06:51 PM. Reason: 'cos there's no beach in Watts...
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote