View Single Post
Old 12-16-2016, 06:17 AM   #3
Bruno

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy Forum "Iconic" characters

Commentary:

Mrugnak is wearing two layers of armor, the plate over the mail. I have absolutely no idea which system the armor pieces come from, our group has used Basic Set, Low Tech, and I think three different houseruled sets in the process of trying to find something we like.

There's a +1 DR that doesn't come from equipment floating around somewhere and I'm annoyed that I don't know where it's from.

Detailed DR on his hit locations is presented below. Notation:
( Inner layer + middle layer + outer layer ) = total dr -ish.
Layers are important but fiddly :P
The mystery +1 is listed with a ? because I don't know if it's flexible or not, or just... whatever. No idea.

Skull: 5 + 2* + 1? + 4/2* + 5 = 16/14
Face: 2* + 1? + 5 = 8
Neck: 2* + 1? + 4/2* + 3 = 10/8
Torso: 2* + 1? + 4/2* + 7 = 14/12
Groin: 2* + 1? + 4/2* + 7 = 14/12
Arms: 2* + 1? + 4/2* + 5 = 12/10
Hands: 2* + 1? + 4/2* + 5 = 12/10
Legs: 2* + 1? + 4/2* + 5 = 12/10
Feet: 2* + 1? + 2* + 5 = 10

Also of note is that Mrugnak does not have Combat Reflexes. It never really mattered because he went Berserk so often. That's also why he's a clanking pile of armor plate.

This is Mrugnak created with the Barbarian template and the DF disadvantage limit; he was originally a D&D character with a very low INT and CHA (4 and 3, IIRC) so he had a lot of personality built in. If I was rebuilding him as a more free-form character, he'd probably have IQ 9 but more mental disadvantages, like Clueless, Indecisive (Not When Berserk), Innumerate, and Selfless. And quirk level Compulsive Talking.

Last edited by Bruno; 12-16-2016 at 06:27 AM.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote