View Single Post
Old 08-26-2016, 06:34 AM   #11
Ulzgoroth

Default Re: Rapid Fire bonus and Rcl

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileeyore View Post
Yes, Shadowrun's rules are balls and have nothing to do with reality.

The best answer for "What Bonus Should Really High ST give versus Rcl?" is to count the Troll as always being Braced when firing (I think the recommended house rule was 'ST 5 higher than minimum', though you can flavor to taste). Further Bracing gives no benefit as a good portion of the Rcl stat comes from the weapon's tolerances and how it's parts inherently move when fired.
Actually, that sets you on a path to increasing Braced bonuses. Tactical Shooting added higher-value levels of Braced for guns mounted on flexible or tripod mounts (+2) and hard mounts (+4). A sufficiently strong and stable shooter obviously could replicate the benefits of those mountings, in theory. Bearing in mind that 'sufficiently strong and stable shooter' could be a multiton robot tank 'holding' the weapon in a turret mounting modeled as a Weapon Mount.

There also might be a case for being able to reduce Rcl, though not below 2. It's common for a round that produces Rcl 3+ in small arms to be fired from bigger, heavier weapons at Rcl 2. I suspect Rcl above 2 is actually assigned due to difficulty controlling the gun due to recoil, which is something the right kind of strength could actually counter.