View Single Post
Old 09-06-2014, 04:02 PM   #7
mook

Default Re: Game Geekery - GURPS Content Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostdancer View Post
I highly suggest Blogger instead of Wordpress - I switched from Wordpress about a year ago and I've had none of the issues I did with Wordpress. Wordpress was forever crashing on me and making my life miserable with posting.
It took me a few minutes to figure out the issue here (because my installation of Wordpress has never crashed on me, ever) -- I think you are talking about wordpress.com, which is similar to Blogger in that the blog is proprietarily hosted by the company.

I'm talking about wordpress.org, which is the "self-hosted" version... that is, I installed it myself and maintain it on a domain that I own, and have never had a single problem with it in many years. I was just talking about maybe using it as the 'engine' for my whole site, instead of just the blog.

As a total aside ... there is another GURPSer on a different message board I frequent also named Ghostdancer, and it wasn't until just this past weekend I realized you are two different people. :)
mook is offline   Reply With Quote