View Single Post
Old 08-23-2019, 07:17 PM   #4305
fchase8

Default Re: New Reality Seeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astromancer View Post
Highly possible. Not how I wrote it, but more likely than mine.
Any mention of Claudius makes me think of the excellent BBC mini-series I, Claudius, and the original Robert Graves book.

Claudius' father, Drusus, surviving was the divergence point for Roma Aeterna. No emperor Claudius or Caligula, instead Claudius' older brother Germanicus, and then one of Caligula's older brothers.

Though I imagined that Claudius, still son/brother/uncle to emperors, was active in historical research & patronage, founding his own 'Claudian Academies' (as opposed to the world's scientific Heron Academies). And that their records were the ones Infinity looked at, and found the record of a prisoner amnesty upon Germanicus' accession that might have included "a certain Galillean preacher."

And that Caligula's depravations were covered up.

Indeed, different emperors could mean different fate of Christianity. Or just that a close parallel that close to Jesus Christ's ministry would be of interest to Homeline Christian scholars, from historians to religious.

Of course, any information found would be disputed, since it's a parallel world. Or maybe Infinity prevents visitors to the region.
fchase8 is offline   Reply With Quote