View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 02:44 PM   #21
Jim Kane
Banned

Default Re: Examining "Once Per Day" in TFT: Solution or Problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rice View Post
That really made me laugh ��������
Me too Chris, I am very surprised Ty did not foresee that I would pick-up on that on *re-direct* LOL!

However, there is actually a lot of truth to it as well; as when I design a labyrinth, I design it as a mosty-natural, logical and supported eco-system, around the existence of the Monsters, Beasts, and Enemies who live there *first* - exclusive of the fact that an adventure party will be tromping through the place; as opposed to a cardboard fun-house which exists solely to accept an adventure party. So, yes, my Monsters, Beasts, and Labyrinth Enemies attack and eat each other, fight for territory in the tunnels, and they have to have food, water, and sleep too; as well as natural, man-made (and defended) entrances, living spaces, and air-vents to the surface, etc. Everything in my underworld environments which has to exist in any shared space is either in a state of symbiosis, or, in an antagonistic state; nothing is sitting around *static* waiting for a group of hapless adventures to come along.

It's a lot of detail to make a labyrinth that *real*, but that's what I personally am really into. And when I "GM", I referee; meaning "what's good for the goose is good for the gander", and *all* rules apply to everyone (every creature) equally. So, if I was using Ty's fatigue rules, yes, I would - as a fair and impartial Referee - wear the Monsters, Beasts, and Labyrinth Enemies down as equally as I would the adventure party.

JK

Last edited by Jim Kane; 06-13-2018 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Typo
Jim Kane is offline   Reply With Quote