View Single Post
Old 03-13-2006, 08:27 AM   #7
Mercator

Default Re: Homegrown fantasy setting in classical Greece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asta Kask
Or you could go the Troyan route and have gods on both sides.[...]
(Frantically copy-pasting everything to his Campaign_Notes.txt file) That is *excellent*. Not only makes a lot of internal sense, it will help players get a "feeling" for each Greek city by associating it with a god.
However, do you think the polis would be interested in waging war with all that is happening around them? Perhaps Sparta wants to capitalize on their overnight glory as Saviors of Greece that they begin campaigning (in the military sense) for Greek unification under their lead. Athens does not quite agree and gathers its armies... makes sense.

Quote:
If you have Powers, then I'd do them as Powers. Ares could grant increased Striking ST, Zeus would grant Charisma, Apollo would grant Healing powers. The Fickle limitation seems to suit the Greece gods well.
...which has the added benefit of making PCs think twice before praying for their bonus-of-the-day before each fight. Great!

Another thing that bugs me: the Titans. I want them to be able to grant powers to people as part of their plans. So far, I haven't found a source that assigns precise areas of influence to Chronos, Rhea, Hyperion, etc. Do you know of any such source?

M.