Thread: HEAL spell?
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 11:48 AM   #296
Anomylous

Default Re: HEAL spell?

Also chiming in late, but I'd like to add my 2 (well, 4) cents:

- It's generally important to me that Physickers keep being a party's major, first-line source of healing. I definitely wouldn't object to the house-ruled version that can treat 2 or 3 points per wound rather than per combat. TFT is pretty unique in having most healing be non-magical; I'd like to keep that flavor.

- I like Rick Smith's approach of long-duration healing spells that simply accelerate natural healing processes, and IMO this should be the most accessible form of healing magic - because it shortens downtime between adventures, without supplanting the tactical role of Physickers. The two approaches to healing become complementary, and you avoid the question about whether magical and non-magical healing should be allowed to stack.

- I'm surprised that the new Regeneration spell is only IQ 15. I would have expected it to be higher. That said, I like it - it fits really well with the paradigm of "magic healing is thorough but takes time; Physicker healing is a quick but limited Band-Aid."

- I'm generally against the idea of introducing a priest/cleric "class", healing or not. I happen to like original-flavor TFT's atheistic worldview. The question of whether gods should be introduced should be decided by the players and GM, not the rulebook.

Last edited by Anomylous; 08-15-2018 at 12:01 PM.
Anomylous is offline   Reply With Quote