View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 05:21 PM   #43
KevinR

Default Re: Gettysburg scenario

Quote:
Originally Posted by offsides View Post
I just took the first step towards a generic reinforcement deck, putting together a spreadsheet listing a large number of possible reinforcement groups for 6, 12, 18, 24, 36 and 48 VP. The list can be found here - I'd be interested in hearing what people think of the concept in general, as well as specific combinations (both those I listed, and any that I didn't that you think would make good additions).
Interesting list -- seems reasonable at a glance, but I need to think more.

Are you thinking that infantry would be provided on GEV-PCs? As part of a mixed reinforcement group, it seems appropriate. Maybe a pure infantry reinforcement could be on foot.

One way to balance the large reinforcement groups would be to have a delay before the next group. Thematically, assume there is a chokepoint behind the lines. Maybe you skip your next draw if you get a 36 or 48 VP reinforcement.

Unfortunately, I can't quite reconcile that with my earlier suggestion for dealing with a Mark III. (If a Mark III is drawn, the opponent gets an extra draw for their next reinforcement. Roughly, those bonus reinforcements weaken an offboard portion of the front, but a Mark III creates an immediate crisis.)
KevinR is offline   Reply With Quote