View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 05:14 PM   #41
JLV

Default Re: Gettysburg scenario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzardo View Post
I still like my idea of a matrix full of options, wherein each column adds up to the same VP total. But I'm liking the idea of cards better, so I'll let my matrix idea go.

I'm intrigued by the various ideas for variably delaying reinforcements. How would delaying the reinforcements by some number of turns based on the VP value of the reinforcements impact the game? In other words, suppose you receive 30 VP worth of reinforcements, and the rule is to divide VP by 10 for the delay. So you get 30 VP worth of help in 3 turns. Workable or too much of a pain?
But why not both? A matrix of card decks -- would increase flexibility (and therefore replay value) and allow you to expand the matrix easily if future supplements added un-thought-of additional units....

You could even go more hog-wild -- achieving a certain victory condition "unlocks" additional columns on your matrix, thus enabling new reinforcements (think of it as the old Soviet paradigm of reinforcing success). Just some more random thoughts....
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote