View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017, 12:02 AM   #30
Magesmiley

Default Re: Car Wars Projects?

And another update on my project.

The main painting is done (still some touch up to do). I've also pinned things together using some dowels and finally set everything up. And there is a long piece of elastic around the outside edge to help hold things together.

Picture 1
Picture 2

That is a Hot Wheels car mounted on a 3" x 1.5" clear acrylic base sitting on the upper deck for reference.

More problems... my dining room table isn't wide enough for this. Which made assembling it at home a bit tough (the table at the convention is going to be big enough). I made a couple of the pieces for the gates a bit too small and need to go back and fix those. Some trimming is needed for a couple of the bases so that the walls align better. And I still need to add gate numbers and decorate the corner bunkers. And of course the obligatory advertising banners around the arena perimeter. And I still need to make a few flight stands for jumping/falling cars.

Surprisingly, the ramps turned out ok and I got the center bunker mounted ok. And I think the color scheme works, even though I wanted a bit brighter red.

But... I think that it will hold together well enough for a trial run. I've got a game set up for tomorrow with some members of my regular gaming group to see how well it works and to iron out any problems.

Watch your handling and remember to Drive Offensively!
Magesmiley is offline   Reply With Quote