View Single Post
Old 06-05-2019, 11:46 AM   #2
JLV

Default Re: How much of Legacy will be sold separately?

Honestly, I'm not sure if you'll be able to get any of the original megahexes (the ones in Legacy) without actually buying Legacy. Most of the remarks from SJG that I've read, while not actually saying "no," at least imply that it's not too likely. The new megahex set is different (different art on the one side) from the Legacy set, but the other side (if I understood the kickstarter page for Decks) is still blank, so you would still be able to use them like the original set. They are dry-erase too, of course, so that's just like the original set.

From what I've heard, it will be almost impossible to "build" a Legacy set piece by piece because some of the components simply won't be available separately.

You CAN get the PDF of the Legacy edition for $35 (as an add-on) to any Fantasy Trip Kickstarter (at least, that's been the case so far) -- and technically you could PRINT the Megahexes from there (you'd have to take the file to a professional printer shop if you want the dry-erase version and that might be pretty costly, but even home printed paper copies would be useful, and you could always laminate them which works almost as well), and at least you'd have e-copies of Tollenkar's Lair, the maps, the GM Screen and the other extra goodies...
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote