View Single Post
Old 01-03-2018, 09:43 PM   #59
CJM

Default Re: December 26, 2017: The Fantasy Trip Returns Home

Just wanted to say congratulations on getting the rights back. I love TFT, my first and all time favorite RPG. 1982 was the year I was introduced to the gaming world through TFT. Have never found a game I have liked as much, and I have played many over the years. Kinda funny, I was always looking for one that would have the same feel to it as TFT. Some came close but no cigar. Really glad it's coming back.
I would vote to keep things simple. One role to hit, not a big fan of the parry, block, and dodge that are in GURPS. It's fine for GURPS but the real joy of playing TFT was how simple it was and how the combat didn't bog down. I would be all for a defensive score that made it more difficult to hit or be hit. Something along this line of thinking. For every increment of 2 above 10 on a characters AdjDX makes it a -1 to be hit. For example; my AdjDX is 12 so my opponent is at a -1 to hit me. 14=-2, 16=-3, so on and so forth. I don't know if that messes up any other mechanic, just brain storming here.
CJM is offline   Reply With Quote