View Single Post
Old 09-26-2018, 02:24 PM   #38
43Supporter

Default Re: CW as a roleplaying game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
Anyway, my point here in my rambling on this thread is that at one time I would have loved to have seen more CW RP material instead of the GURPS stuff. GURPS has come a long way, and I admire it now for its various well researched references, but as a CW player I felt that if I wanted to RP in the CW verse that I was forced to buy GURPS Autoduel, and I simply didn't want to spend the time nor money into yet another system on top of all the other games (not to mention school work) that I had on my plate.
On this we agree -- _GURPS_ has it's charms, but it is Not _Car Wars_; that is: One cannot necessarily take a player of one, plonk him down at a table for the other, and have him playing effectively immediately. Being to jump directly from one to the other (and back) is useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
Anyway, I think I've said all I've had to on the topic. I hope my ramblings have been inciteful or helpful to some people.
One of the big reasons I've been following this thread is "trying to hear Other Points of View on the subject" -- esp. as there's not a heck of a lot of us left out here. Your airing of your views is appreciated.

79er

The Jeremy Clarkson Debate Course:
1) I'm Right. 2) You're Wrong. 3) The End.
43Supporter is offline   Reply With Quote