Thread: HEAL spell?
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 11:05 AM   #362
Skarg

Default Re: HEAL spell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse11h View Post
Some of the more vigorous opponents of a healing spell have developed a simple solution to extra healing without a magical spell. Healing by wound done by a physicker or master physicker, not by combat. It is a simple solution to the question, modifying only one rule regarding two talents and in many cases will offer as much or more healing than the spells listed above. If I had gone down that road initially, I might be in the other camp now. But I didn't and I am reluctant to give up what I have developed without giving it a fair chance in play. It is a viable and effective option though.
In the case of the people I played with, we did physicker healing per wound, but not because we wanted faster healing. We did it because it seemed like the only way that made any sense.

It does tend to have the effect of meaning less rest is needed, and from pretty much only ever playing this way, I never had a sense of a "need" for faster healing other than healing potions.

An effect that I really like about healing per wound is that it means minor wounds and fist fights and so on tend to be not very serious long-term, but major serious wounds DO require serious recovery efforts, either by days or weeks of actual rest, and/or expensive/rare healing potions. To me, that has a really nice feel and gameplay about the significance of combat events and consequences to it. I really like that effect, and it would be undermined by magic healing that heals already-physicked wounds at a steady rate that is much faster than bed rest.
Skarg is offline   Reply With Quote