View Single Post
Old 06-11-2017, 10:27 AM   #19
Varyon

Default Re: [RPM] Advice on Charms and Elixirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileeyore View Post
Are you honestly trying to convince me that you routinely forget which pocket your keys are in, how much money is in your wallet, where you stowed your stuff in your tote bag, which wrist your watch is on, etc?
If you always put the Fireball charm in your left pocket, the Healing charm as a necklace, the Deathtouch charm is the fake stone in your ring, and so forth, then those would indeed be easy to keep track of. When you have a dozen charms crafted for the situation and stowed away in various locations, it may be difficult to keep track of what you put where.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileeyore View Post
Seriously? Have you ever fired mixed rounds? It's not that hard. If you always load in a specific manner (EG: Dispelling Round, then Hollow Point, then Tracer, then Silver-Anti Shifter, then Fireball, lastly Explosive Fireball) and you always start one the same round (Explosive Fireball), then "two clicks over" is always the same round (Hollow Point). From there you know what charmed bullet is where.
Again, if you always do things in a specific manner, it might not be as difficult to keep track of, but I don't think that's usually the case for RPMists. As for your later point of keeping track of bullets, I feel this is a step beyond that - for that, you simply need to keep in mind how many bullets you have fired. For this, you need to keep in mind how many bullets you have fired, which chambers those specific bullets were in, and, unless using something like the nail polish trick, which chamber you are currently on.

"You have a revolver with 6 chambers, each loaded with a different bullet. Chamber 1 has HP, 2 has +P, 3 has API, 4 has Tracer, 5 has HEMP, and 6 has FMJ. You have fired your HP and Tracer rounds, and now need to fire API. How many chambers do you need to skip to get to API?"
Looking at that question, it's easy - the next trigger pull would be HEMP, so you skip it, FMJ, HP, and +P, or 4 chambers. If I asked someone this question, it would probably take them more than a second to work it out - and that's not in the heat of battle.