View Single Post
Old 01-22-2016, 07:03 AM   #12
wmervine4

Default Re: [Pyramid 3/77] CER Calculations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostdancer View Post
This is known errata - sorry. The tables have some issues. I've submitted it. But to break it down some:

Offensive Rating
Attack Skill: The Acid Spider's base attack is 15, so 15 - 10 = 5
Affliction: The Acid Spider has nothing applicable here, so 0
Damage: The Acid Spider's main damaging attack is 8 points of impaling damage and 0.5 points of cyclic corrosion damage, so for the impaling attack it's 8 x 2 = 16, while the corrosion damage is 0.5 x 2 = 1 x 10 = 10; total is 26
Fatigue Points: The Acid Spider has an FP of 13, so 13 - 10 = 3
Move: The Acid Spider has a Move of 9, so 9 - 6 = 3

Protective Rating
Active Defense: The Acid Spider has a Dodge of 11, so 11 - 8 = 3 x 2 =6
Damage Resistance: The Acid Spider has DR 4 in all locations and no significant protective traits, so 4 + 4 + 4 +4 / 4 = 4
Health: The Acid Spider has a HT of 13, so 13 - 10 = 3
Hit Points: The Acid Spider has a HP of 26 and no significant recovery traits, so 26 - 10 = 16
Will: The Acid Spider has a Will of 12 and Combat reflexes, so 12 - 10 = 2 + 1 = 3

Thus total OR is 37 and total PR is 32, so total CER is 69.
Wow, this example is incredible. It really clarified a lot for me so THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS! My spreadsheet works now and comes up with the same answer so I think I'm good. What was really tricky for me is the way the Damage score works in the OR when there is follow-up damage, and the Acid Spider was a great example of this.

Also, your apologies are unnecessary. I completely understand being limited by a word count in the article itself, and I am very grateful you responded so promptly here. Thank you again, and feel free to return to your Very Comfy Nest at the End of Reality. :-)
wmervine4 is offline   Reply With Quote