View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 04:15 AM   #28
Peter Knutsen
Banned

Default Re: Combat Maneuvers Cheat Sheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkl View Post
Check it out, tried to incorporate the changes you suggested.

Updated to 1.2 ... also included a Rapid Fire Table
Combat Maneuvers Cheat Sheet 1.2
I never got to check out your v1.2 PDF, but the current one, v1.3, makes me concerned about how well it prints out on a black-and-white printer.

As for the grey background, you are probably using 15% or 20% grey, and I think that's good. On some worn-out printers (or worn-out laser drums, or not sure what the cause is) a grey that is too light ends up indistinguishable from white, which would make your table reall hard to read. I can't remember whether the threshold is 15% or 20% or what, but of course if you make the grey too dark (like 30%) then readability suffers because of reduced contrast between the dark grey background and the black text. (And you don't want to try white text on a black background. It eats toner, and is even more expensive for ink jet users, and might not be very readble.)

And the colours. My laser printer is out of commission, otherwise I'd do a printout and give you feedback on how readable the colours are when printed out in B&W, but you'll have to ask someone else to do that, if you don't have a B&W printer yourself.

Of course, you could make two versions, one colour, one black-and-white, but I think it is perhaps more elegant to have one version that works for everyone. Maybe one where colour is used much more sparingly...

Good work! I'm just concerned about usability.
Peter Knutsen is offline   Reply With Quote