View Single Post
Old 04-16-2020, 01:09 AM   #52
maximara
On Notice

Default Re: Fixing round length in GURPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbwarrior View Post
The information roll to know about something is I believe a Concentrate maneuver against the relevant skill (or Per to just get a good feel of the battlefield). 'Can move at full move' is a Move maneuver (or Move and Attack). The others seem like other maneuvers already available.

I don't mind Do Nothing being a maneuver, especially in the context of it being 'forced' from stun or to avoid getting knocked out from low HP. I dislike the idea of using it as punishment.
As written Do Nothing can't be a punishment as the character still has access to all defense options and is at a -4 only when stunned which has pretty high requirements to meet. As i mentioned before only All-Out Attack prevents a defense.

I really suggest taking a good look at the Maneuver table on the GURPSwiki and note what options each Maneuver gives.

I say this because there seems to be this misconception that Do Nothing means the character has gone into 'deer in headlights' mode and just stands there as the opponent pounds on them/cuts them to pieces. That is not what happens with Do Nothing. I agree that perhaps Do Nothing should have been called something else - perhaps Stand Still.
Help make a digital reference for GURPS by coming to the GURPS wiki and provide some information and links (such as to various Fanmade 4e Bestiaries) . Please, provide more then just a title and a page number.

Last edited by maximara; 04-16-2020 at 01:13 AM.
maximara is offline   Reply With Quote