View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 06:29 PM   #9
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: [OOC] The Adventures of Captain Proton

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnhcorey View Post
I had to think about this a lot.

I choose to start the first adventure just after the Bride of Chaotica, since it was the one time when I could get all the characters together on Captain Proton's rocketship. Changing the President of Earth to a woman would introduces a number of discontinuities. First, it deviates from canon. Second, this is based on an American B movie; they would not be comfortable with the concept of a woman President in the 1930s. Third, they have a law that their President must be at least 35.

I would have to say no unless you invoke the Rule of Cool. Is there a trait or ability could you give her to make her cool? For example, Queen Arachnia is a Queen...of Spider People...with irresistible pheromones which allow her to control any male! Just being outstanding good, as you would expect any President of Earth to be, is not good enough to be Cool. You have to go beyond outstanding good to be good enough to be Cool.
Figuring out how to be cool enough here. I don't know the ST continuity at all so I've no idea about the mental gymnastics involved in making that fit. Read the wiki though--maybe The Doctor wants to try on a new role?

I'm thinking she was a Cabinet Secretary and those ahead of her were disabled somehow...will think on it though. Some Cool talent...

If this is too far out there even with a cool talent, I'll bow out, no hard feelings.