View Single Post
Old 10-05-2017, 06:18 AM   #78
Varyon

Default Re: The guide to throat slitting (or sentry removal, for the gentlemen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I'm wondering if it would be simpler to just ignore two handed grapple, treat all grapples as one handed, then use DWA for two hands.
Striking with each hand simultaneously is much harder than grabbing with both hands. In fact, it's often easier to grab something using both hands than just using one, as it effectively gives you a larger grabbing surface to work with. If anything, a two-handed grab is more similar to a strike with a two-handed weapon than it is to a DWA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomsdad View Post
well I'm also an idiot, the AoA(d) refers to 'double' not 'dedicated' even though I wrote dedicated in my post!

Grab and smash only works on AoA (double)
Oh, I see. Yeah, as Hellboy notes, TG gets rid of the AoA requirement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
In MA. With the TG change you spend the CP from grab 1 on hit 2. I would like the idea of combining them and always getting 2 base plus spent CP.
The MA Grab and Smash essentially abstracts the CP expenditure into getting that bonus damage. TG is simply a higher resolution version, so getting both the benefits of Strong and being able to spend CP for more damage would be double-dipping. That said, I don't think it would be inappropriate for a Perk to allow something like this, but only as part of AoA (Double), and probably requiring the character to spend all the CP from the Grab portion for a damage bonus.