View Single Post
Old 02-20-2017, 10:10 PM   #5
CrankyOldMan

Default Re: Lamb Relic Help!

This is rather frustrating for me as well. I started just recently with Adventure Time and the expansion, and this card has caused some interesting effects. It would be great if the original creator could convey their intention but since this has been open for a year and a half, that seems unlikely. In that case, I will bend the forum rules of only answering in "definite rulings" and give my interpretation. Don't spank my hams!

My interpretation is that ordinary interactions cannot take place--player-cast curses, monster enhancers, wandering monsters, combat bonus one-shot items, trading, thieving, looting a player corpse, or other items that target the player "inside" the lamb--but things that affect turns can--Prismo's Pickles.

This has led to the frustrating scenario where a player draws this portal card, holds it in their hand until level 9, and then basically puts up a force field that makes them invulnerable to mischief while they win the game, assuming they can kill the monster in combat.

It's an interesting card based on the lore of the set, but it seems either a silly way to die at low levels, or broken at game-winning levels. Nobody else has had a problem with this or encountered an official ruling?
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote