View Single Post
Old 10-29-2017, 08:56 AM   #1
Mack_JB

Default Infantry fire order

When the Infantry are being played by the AI, I'd like to see another minor change.

I am not quick enough with my eyes, but there have been several times (multiple times, actually) where INF have an Ogre totally surrounded (on all six sides), and the six 3/1 or 2/1 squads combine fire to shoot off a weapon, and succeed. I am then pretty positive at least some of those individual 1/1 fired INF have taken a second shot at treads before it moves on to the G.E.V.'s fire phase.

I'd like to see the current version of INF fire phase switched to a different version. Right now, if you have three, 3/1 units around an Ogre, each INF figure (1/1) will shoot in a sort of rotary pattern, with individuals from each 3/1 firing around the clock, until all nine 1/1 have fired. I've taken to counting these 1/1 shots each time.

Instead, I propose each hex of INF fires in order, so each 3/1 fires as a 1/1 until the entire hex has fired, then move on to the next hex of INF for their fire phase -- no bouncing back and forth between hexes.

In short, the present system of individual 1/1 INF doing combined fire from multiple hexes, then other 1/1 from those same hexes firing later, makes it really hard to tell if the AI isn't sneaking in another shot or two.

Or can you tell I really don't trust the AI? After yesterday's run of something like 15 N/E shots in a row with me using all manner of different odds ...
Mack_JB is offline   Reply With Quote