Thread: Flight Skills
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2017, 03:51 PM   #6
Eddie T

Default Re: Flight Skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
I would use Battlesuit.
Well, I was just using that as an example because I used to be a big Rifts player a decade or two ago and the SAMAS has always been a great visual in my head which also fit the parameters I was picturing (not aerodynamic, only lifting surface are a couple of wings and fins, and massive thrusters on the back - and how transitioning from that to an airplane would be very illogical). I didn't think Battlesuit or Driving (Mecha) for cockpit mechas would transition over to flight charateristics, though?

I'm really more concerned with the differentiation in the Piloting skill itself instead of the aircraft. That's why my first sentence was about the lift mechanism (wing, rotor, brute-force thrust, etc.), environment (atmospheric, space, transatmospheric), and speed (<600mph, <.1G). Looking through the specialties, I see nothing about shape, streamlining or anything that makes me think of an F-16 or F-18 or the Millenium Falcon or a Firefly-class ship.

Plus, it's not in the game I'm running. I was just thumbing through the skills and stopped to reread that and got myself on a tangent.
Eddie T is offline   Reply With Quote