View Single Post
Old 09-20-2017, 11:33 AM   #18
tbone

Default Re: Size Modifier/Attributes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htoad2020 View Post
This is for humaniods not dragons and it just for ST, HT and DR I need it in DX, IQ and hit points plus movement.
Are you perhaps thinking of some other homemade stuff? The GULLIVER Mini that Rasputin mentioned definitely is for dragons, and humanoids, and anything else. And it explicitly addresses DX, IQ, HP, and Move.

In short, it's a one-page summary of how to build odd-size characters, pointing to existing mods where GURPS has 'em and suggesting mods where GURPS doesn't.

First up: Adjusting ST, HP, DR, and weight for SM. (That's sort of GURPS canon, but never quite made as clear as you might want, especially in Basic Set; hence fan-made summaries.)

Then there's a pointer to Bio-Tech for its suggested IQ adjustments, and my own suggestions for adjusting HT, DX, and Basic Move, plus a very optional suggestion for further adjusting ST for realistically blocky big creatures and spindly small ones.

And that's about it, beyond a really short summary of effects on skills and combat, and a second page with miscellaneous notes and design examples.

Whether or not that sounds useful to you, I'll add one big caveat here: While it's possible to suggest "correct" scaling of ST and weight with size, and "believable" ST and weight for a creature's size, any mods to IQ, DX, and HT are pure guesswork, really nothing more than "This sounds good, I guess". So don't hesitate to modify those stats as you see fit; they're not even "real" stats to begin with!

Twitter: @Gamesdiner | RSS: here ⬅︎ Updated RSS link | This forum: Site updates thread (occasionally updated)

(Latest goods on site: GLAIVE Mini levels up to v2.4. Update to melee weapon design tool, with more example weapons and commentary.)
tbone is online now   Reply With Quote