View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 06:11 AM   #10
Azel

Default Re: I am intrigued by Aquelarre (rpg from Spain)

Thanks Mercator for clearing things up!

Yes, Rationality and Irrationality definitely sounds like the paired (as in, as one goes up, the other must go down) coupling of Sanity and Mythos Knowledge in Call of Cthulhu.

Dexterity being divided into what sounds like Precision (fine hand coordination) and Agility/Reflexes... interesting. I do know AD&D 2e Player Option had a way to split all 6 attributes into paired sub-attributes. Dexterity ended up with Aim (top half of body) and Balance (bottom half of body) -- I'm sure a house ruling where Aim covers (or is replaced) by Precision-based functions could work. In Nomine has Agility and Precision already split, but being decoupled and paired with Strength and Intelligence has its own system conceit which may not work for what you're envisioning.

Well, before I make this too long (too late!), thanks again for an experienced perspective. Glad to know the part about setting grittiness -- it sounds more accessible to this market now (and a lot more tame than from what I'm hearing in 2nd or 3rd edition. But who knows what's being lost from translation in those other reviews). Sadly I fear perhaps even the menstrual blood, brutal living conditions, and setting appropriate bigotry is far too much for our delicate American sensibilities. It's a market with its own confusing expectations, isn't it?
Azel is offline   Reply With Quote