View Single Post
Old 09-12-2020, 07:59 AM   #6
phiwum

Default Re: Do magic bonuses stack with fine weapon bonuses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrovski101 View Post
It seems there's nothing in the rules against combining enchantments with fine quality weapons.

As a new TFT GM, I'd like to know what is typically seen for weapon bonuses in your typical game (if such a thing exists). Is it common to see +1 to hit, +7 damage magic swords or is that merely the stuff of legends?

My primary concern is "breaking" the game by letting weapon bonuses get out of hand.

I haven't crunched the numbers yet so maybe the $ value of fine, enchanted weapons at this level of power make their existence exceedingly rare.
It seems to me most of the folks here are loathe to introduce powerful magic, since it becomes a problem of inflation. The next scenario, the opponents have to be buffed and the easy way to do that is give them magic goodies.

In the labyrinth I'd like to play next, there's one magic dagger (+1DX, +1dam) that applies its bonus only in HTH and there's one fine Broadsword. I included one arrow with Clumsiness on it. I think that's it for special weapons.

I've tried to add useful but not overpowering magic. One treasure (that will likely be overlooked) is a bag of softly glowing powder and a brush. When the brush is dipped in the powder and painted on a wall, you're left with a softly glowing wall. There's not enough powder to light up a room, but plenty to track where you've been and leave messages. (In fact, there's no reason this has to be magical at all, but I've decided it is, partly so the delvers recognize it's worth investigating.)
phiwum is offline   Reply With Quote