View Single Post
Old 02-25-2018, 07:11 PM   #2
Kirk

Default Re: To-Hit Roll in Advanced Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jackson View Post
Is it my imagination, or is an actual definition of how to hit with a spell NOT FOUND in Advanced Wizard? I would expect to see it near the top of Casting Spells, before the descriptions of the four basic spell types.

I'm working from a PDF - I seem to have zero actual copies left of Advanced Wiz and Advanced Melee - but it was a good scan. There couldn't be a whole section missing from page 3. So either it is somewhere really stupid, or it's not there and nobody ever made a big deal about it because they knew the rule already from Wizard.

??
I have my original copies still! I see under Types of Spells and then Missile Spells, for example, a procedure, being "(1) Announce target...He then makes his "to hit" roll". Under the Thrown Spells section, it talks about adjustments to DX, with the implication that that is the attribute one uses to determine success when casting a spell.

So to your point, with my quick review of my copy of the rules, it is very much implied throughout the DX adjustment phrasings, if not outright declared. But perhaps a quick mention more directly that DX is the attribute to use to determine success under "How to Cast Spells" would clear things up.

Last edited by Kirk; 02-25-2018 at 07:19 PM.
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote