View Single Post
Old 02-03-2019, 11:37 AM   #36
sgbeal

Default Re: Miniatures Set 2 Assembly Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by offsides View Post
Light Tank:
Okay, while I have to admit that the assembled unit looks great, holy smokes is this one disproportionately complicated. First off, it's the only unit other than Ogres to require 5 (yes, FIVE!) pieces. Second, it's the ONLY unit that requires installing one piece on top of another (I'm not sure why this was necessary, though I'm sure there's a good reason for it). Finally, after installing the gun platform on the back, you really want to install the remaining three pieces in this order: radar dish, gun, antenna. Again, your sanity will thank you :)
i'm a bit late to the party on this, but my Set 2 just arrived here in Germany after a several-month delay at my mother's place in the States...

i assembled the Paneuro army last night/this morning and the first thing i did before starting assembly was open this thread up (which i'd bookmarked a few months back) to use the forum's collective wisdom on construction instructions. Some comments...

1) Whoever designed a 5-part light tank ought to be required to assemble them for us :|.

2) i've come to the conclusion (admittedly untested until i glue the Combine army) that it might (might) be easier (or at least not more difficult) to first mount the gun on that seemingly superfluous platform, then glue the radar dish, platform/gun combo, and antenna (in that order). In all cases, i was gluing a given part on all models, then allowing that to set, before proceeding with the next part. It was exceedingly tedious but not painful. Thankfully, none of my parts flew across the room (the gaps between the ancient floorboards are large enough to swallow some of these pieces irrevocably).

Edit: 2.5) nevermind about assembling the gun platform and gun first - those two parts are so small that i literally can't assemble them without first mounting the gun platform on the chassis :/.

Last edited by sgbeal; 02-04-2019 at 02:11 PM.
sgbeal is offline   Reply With Quote