View Single Post
Old 05-02-2017, 12:34 PM   #17
kdtipa

Default Re: Parry or Block for someone else

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathDaisy View Post
Interesting! For interposing a shield when doing a sacrificial dodge, one way might be to use random hit locations; if hitting the shield arm, the shield is in the way, and maybe if hitting the torso it strikes the shield on a 1-3 on a d6, or other numbers depending on the size of the shield. Or maybe roll a block with a penalty of -3 to -5, again depending on size..
One of the previous posts has a pretty good idea (IMO) for how to handle the shield with a sacrificial dodge...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expy View Post
The best that you get without diving into other rulebooks is Sacrificial Dodge, it's not written anywhere but I have ruled that succeeding by 3-DB lets the dodger interpose any shield as well.
I think I like the idea of succeeding by enough because it makes sense you'd try to move yourself in the way of the attack and keep the shield in the right spot if possible. And if you don't make it by enough for the shield, but you do make it by enough for the sacrificial dodge, you can still protect your friend, but you're taking a hit for them.
kdtipa is offline   Reply With Quote