View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 12:27 PM   #9
vierasmarius

Default Re: Pyramid #3/44: Alternate GURPS II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Marsh View Post
Anyway, the way I kept it straight in my mind as I was editing it -- and how I'd likely run it, if I used this system in a game -- is to envision the "pool" to be three different-colored counters/chips/M&Ms/whatever:
  • Green -- Light
  • Yellow -- Severe
  • Red -- Deep

I'm not sure if this is any clearer to you, but it worked for me when I was mulling it over. :-)
Yeah, that's what I thought. The color system works well for it, and would certainly make it easier to track in-game. Hmm... now I'm envisioning cinematic or supernatural advantages that let a person "heal" fatigue more quickly by transferring it from one pool to another...

Oh, I guess that's another question. With FP being a more valuable resource (in terms of the difficulty to recover it and the consequences of losing it) would this alter the value of advantages that restore it? There's mention of Regenerate FP (keeping the same cost, though with additional intermediate levels) but what about things like Leech or Absorptive DR? I'm presuming that they'd stay the same, since they're not mentioned.

Anyways, thanks for humoring me guys! Wanted to make sure I understand it correctly. ^_^

Last edited by vierasmarius; 06-22-2012 at 12:31 PM.
vierasmarius is offline   Reply With Quote