View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 12:25 PM   #8
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Re: Pyramid #3/44: Alternate GURPS II

Quote:
Originally Posted by vierasmarius View Post
Okay, a couple quick questions while you're here. First is Speed loss during combat, and whether that would impact turn sequence. My gut instinct is "no", that if a fighter loses enough FP to drop in Speed he retains the same spot in the turn sequence that he started with. Is that right? Or would he delay his turn as his Speed drops below that of other combatants?
Yeesh, you're right. I never contemplated altering Basic Speed, since mucking with turn order is in the "Don't do it, EVER" territory in terms of how GURPS works.

Quote:
Also, for recovering FP, the implication is that a character basically has three "pools" of FP, representing mild, severe, and deep fatigue loss. He starts by losing from the mild pool, then dips into the severe pool, and finally dives into the deep end. When recovering, he starts by refreshing the mild pool (taking 10 hours to completely recover it) before moving on to the severe and deep. If a 10 FP character loses, say, 8 FP (losing the first 5 from the "mild" pool and the next 3 from the "severe") then rests for 6 hours (regaining 3 points of mild fatigue) he's now effectively at 5 FP, but his mild pool is down by 2 and his severe is down by 3. If he loses more FP now the first 3 will be mild, then the next 2 will be severe, and further loss will be deep. Do I have this right? I think it makes sense, but trying to explain it may have confused me more... =P
I think you have it right, and actually envisioning them as three piles of chips is probably the EASIEST way to deal with this. Someone with 10 FP would have 5 green chips (mild), 5 yellow chips (severe), and 10 red chips (deep).

You burn from green to red. You RECOVER from green to red as well. Your recovery rate is dictated by your stats; you calculate it once, write it down, and then you just move your poker chips around.

Doug
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote