View Single Post
Old 02-17-2016, 09:48 AM   #3
weby

Default Re: Affliction: Luck and similar limited use abilities

Definitely not sure how RAW is but in my own game I have a lot of modified luck abilities so I had to make up how they work for me.

First change: The luck timer is universal for the character and additional levels of luck only modify the time until luck is again available. Different levels of luck can have different modifiers.

The second change: Luck is a leveled advantage at 15 points/level. I use longer time increments than standard, but in time unit standard that would cause a level of luck at 45 points, likely 20 minutes timer.

Person 1: No luck:
Cannot normally use luck.

Person 2 with luck 1(15 point normal) and extra level of active luck(+9 points):
They can use the luck in active manner and get the next use in half an hour(2 levels=30 minutes)
Or they can roll afterwards and thus only benefit from the full luck giving next luck use in 1 hour.

Both are hit by a power granting +1 level luck.
Person 1: Can now use luck for the duration of the power, and even if they are hit by the power again, cannot use luck until that one real world hour is gone.

Person 2: While the power is active:
They can use the luck in active manner and get the next use in 20 minutes (3 levels)
Or they can roll afterwards and thus only benefit from the full luck+the extra luck giving next luck use in 30 minutes.

So in my way the actual power granting the ability is in no way blocked, but would have no effect until the recipients luck timer runs out.

Also of note: A few of the powers I have are with Cosmic: +100% separate timer. That start a second luck timer that is independent of the normal luck timer, but is affected by it's own timer for future uses.