View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 04:19 PM   #267
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Re: A Challenger Appears! Green versus Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane View Post
The deity is summoned!

Sometimes I've seen where an ally pulls another ally out of the way of some attack, rather than jumping in front of it.

Rather than lumping that into sacrificial dodges (which is weird because it assumes you automatically have the mass/accuracy/unavoidability of being able to actually knock down your ally) there is totally some way grappling / shoving / slams could cover this as an active defense reaction with a free (limited) attack on a success similar to aggressive parry / jam / grabbing parry, cept there should be defenses allowed against it by the ally since it wasn't their attack you were defending against.
This methodology is covered in Human Shield, on p. 8 of FDG. Reactively, you'd grapple the principal and then roll vs half your ST-based skill to *reactively* yank the guy a hex away. You'd need to do this as a Rapid Strike, and to do it reactively you'd need to Wait because that grapple is an attack.

It's a tough thing to play it; but another way to go would be to assume that the person you're yanking out of your way isn't going to resist it. Just slap -6 to skill (like a Rapid Strike) and then half the ST-based skill roll (like a parry) for Frog March.

Last edited by DouglasCole; 11-10-2019 at 04:23 PM.
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote