View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 08:16 AM   #3
Engurrand

Default Re: Phoenix Sheet: Hide all trait modifiers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbsmith View Post
I don't think you really want that for all traits. There are many traits which need the modifiers printed to make sense; from weapon quality modifiers to disadvantages with Self-Control numbers.
True, though I could work around that by adding relevant details to the Name (Name Extension) description. E.G. a Sword with the cheap modifier would renamed Cheap Sword or Sword (Rusty, old). A disad like Greed with a SC would be written as Greed (12 or less), which is visually indistinguishable. This is something I do it anyway, so it's not out of my way.

Quote:
What /might/ be useful is a way to hide the modifiers from a specific trait. Or perhaps a way to hide specific modifiers.
Those would be helpful! As far as I can tell Hidden Traits are a function of templates only, and there doesn't seem to be a way to tag individual traits to be hidden, let alone modifiers.

Quote:
Alternative: Keep two copies of the character as two different ledgers, one with the modified advantages and one with the new advantage with the new cost for printing.
That looks like that's what I'll end up doing, thank you.