Thread: Grappling
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 01:17 AM   #20
Dragondog
Never Been Pretty

Default Re: Grappling

"[T]he floor is matted with layers of dense spider webs" doesn't invoke an image of spider webs reaching several feet above the floor to me. If that had been clearer, I could have described the room that way. And if the spiders are moving on top of all of that webbing, the heroes below the landing isn't getting any advantage of high ground either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm View Post
The newbs do get the web-free high ground and several turns to pelt spiders from above at a significant advantage. I ran two groups through at Gen Con. One split up and ran around, and it got nasty. The other just sat on the stairs and murdered the spiders from above. So it's a puzzle, but not a super-difficult one.
What did they do to see far enough to get several turns? With six yards of light, you get one turn until they reach the stairs and one turn as they climb up the stairs to where the heroes are.

"The huge spiders start six yards from the stairway and scurry up the stairs and supporting uprights, entering close combat on their second turn." How does that give them several turns?

Last edited by Dragondog; 10-07-2017 at 01:27 AM.
Dragondog is offline   Reply With Quote