View Single Post
Old 03-17-2016, 06:37 PM   #22
ThisisDog

Default Re: Munchkin Collectible Card game?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf90 View Post
Not every freebie will elicit a curiosity query, but if even one out of ten do, it's a win for the company.
But not always for the consumer. I've bought both Cthulhu Dice and Chez Geek off the back of Promo items from W23, and let's just say neither have lit game nights on fire (not a slight on SJG, Munchkin is a firm favourite among all our groups and Zombie Dice has been fun and a picture of my 12 brains round is on our game room wall of fame). I do plan on getting Bill & Ted, and my wife loves Simon's Cat, so if anyone gets any unwanted promo items for those, you know, hint hint...

Back on track, the more I think about this the more I think it's a good idea, although I still doubt I'll be involved. I think the game is probably aimed more at new audiences, and less at us, and bringing the MTG/Yugioh crowd into the Munchkin world can only be good for the company. Also, the focus on content for this will hopefully make the release schedule for the non-collectable game a little more sparse, which can only be good news for my wallet...