View Single Post
Old 02-23-2008, 06:25 PM   #9
KDLadage

Default Re: Gurps World's Largest Dungeon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewulf
Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking.

If you start them off at this level, I recommend making more normal characters; maybe 25 to 50 points, with -50 in disadvantages. Then build up from there.

This diverges it much from Dungeon Fantasy, and doesn't allow for many Racial Templates. One thing I suggest doing is to actually make racial templates "free"... maybe needing to make a random roll to see if they CAN be another race, so the decision isn't in their hands.

Or, maybe, have them start off as normal humans, but they can turn into the racial templates eventually. You can buy a whole racial template!
That or we develop a couple set of X-point racial templates that cover the basics with +Y point lenses that can start the players off. Let them spend a total of X points, with a limit of -Y points in disadvantages to start.

Example:
X=25 points
Y=15 points
Characters are built on 25 points, and limited to -15 points in disads.

Elf [25 points]
Attribute Modifiers: ST -1 [-10]; DX +1 [20]
Secondary Characteristic Modifiers: Per+1 [5]
Advantages/Perks: Fit [5]; Magery 0 [5]; Unaging [1]*
Disadvantages/Quirks: Staid [-1]
Skills: none

* In the context of this setting, Unaging is a perk.

Then have, for example, a 15-point "elven magi" lens... and a 15-point "elven archer lens" and so on in order to start the character out. The racial templates (since we would include a human template as well...) would be encouraged; the lenses would be purely optional.

Elven Magi [15 points]
Attribute Modifiers: ST -1 [-10]; IQ+1 [20]
Secondary Characteristic Modifiers: Basic Move -1 [-5]; Basic Speed -0.25 [-5]; HP -2 [-4]
Advantages/Perks: Magery +1 [10]
Disadvantages/Quirks: none
Skills: 1 point in each of 9 individual spells [9]

...and so on...
KDLadage is offline   Reply With Quote