View Single Post
Old 01-11-2021, 11:27 PM   #10
maximara
On Notice

Default Re: I would like a DF book about spirits please

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone View Post
I've heard it suggested that a dedicated book for each DF monster class (undead, demons, spirits, etc.) would be a good addition to the DF series or to DFRPG, and I agree.

There's already an old GURPS Spirits book; much of that could be narrowed down and tweaked for classic delving. For DFRPG, a Spirits book would also probably bring in the shaman and maybe other summoners from the DF series.

I'm not one who thinks monsters need to be thoroughly categorized and statted out neatly, but some (optional!) detailing is always fun. In particular, I'd welcome more ideas on what exactly PCs can glean from each of the Physiology (Spirits), Psychology (Spirits), and Hidden Lore (Spirits) skills, plus good guidelines on the dividing lines among nature spirits, non-nature spirits, undead, elementals, and anything else that touches on these fuzzy boundaries. More detail on spirit worlds, something you mention, would also be a nice addition to the book.
Many of the things in Classic: Spirits have 4e conventions on the GURPS wiki as does Classic: Faerie
Help make a digital reference for GURPS by coming to the GURPS wiki and provide some information and links (such as to various Fanmade 4e Bestiaries) . Please, provide more then just a title and a page number.
maximara is offline   Reply With Quote