View Single Post
Old 08-24-2014, 04:55 PM   #99
Kalzazz

Default Re: [RPM] Post your rituals here

Yeah, thats the correct link, sorry I must have copied the wrong thing in my post

I'm not psychic, so I can't answer why Ghostdancer decided as he did, but, a general idea that is oft expressed with RPM is to not use altered traits when direct RPM effects will get the job done.

Does it seem to expensive? Not expensive enough? Well, depends on the DM really.

Instant Regeneration is a 80 points Magic Magic spell. That is not easy to pull off. If you want a character to pull it off they need to be either very powerful, or geared specifically toward 'able to throw that big of spell downrange', the 105 energy RPM spell I tried to link to requires round abouts a skill 17-18 RPMist with matching magery to pull off for a generalist . . . so maybe 105 seems to low by that regard? Who knows! Its a DM feel thing!

I personally 'feel' (as in just feeling, I don't want to rewrite Magic, I don't feel that strongly about it) fixing a mussed up limb should be easier than 80 Magic Magic energy, so, 105 feels right to me by lawn dart guestimate, and 400 energy definitely doesn't

Now, if were asking about personal feelings, something definitely rubs me the wrong way about factoring target HP into the equation, I feel that as long as their both SM 0, healing the limb on McBrawny and McScrawny should require the same level of effort, and that ST 21 McReallyBrawny should not be easier to heal than ST 19 McBrawny because his HP ticked into the 'x2 Healing' range ( I asked PK earlier and verified the High HP and healing on pg 424 applied with RPM). So thus, I am personally halfway interested in finding another approach to the spell that doesn't factor HP in

But on the other hand, I have a perfectly good, fully statted, Ghostdancer vetted spell that gets the job done, so I am not that interested in reinventing the wheel

And while I most certainly can DM fiat my 'base it off 14' idea into it, that does mean thats another house ruled special case I would need to keep track of, so, is it worth it?

Who knows!

Does that help any? RPM is very much a 'ask the DM' type of system, which of course can make it a tad tricky for the DM at times!
Kalzazz is offline   Reply With Quote